This is a timed quiz. You will be given 1800 seconds to answer all questions. Are you ready?
In each of questions 21 to 35. choose the option opposite in meaning to the word(s) or phrase underlined.
21. The witness averred that she had seen Dosun at the scene of the crime.
22. The high cost of living these days calls for a lot of frugality
23. Tunde's reaction underscores the point I was making
24. Everyone admired the manger's adroit handling of the crises in the company
25. The principal took exception to the ignoble role the teacher played in the matter.
26. He is notorious for his drunkenness
27. The chairman conduct redounds to the image of the company
28. Her phlegmatic temperament endears her to her friends
29. The workers suddenly became restive
30. The Governor's visit is an unprecedented event in the history of the social club.
31. The athlete has unexpectedly become indomitable
32. The evidence the leader gave was incontrovertible
33. He gave an unsatisfactory excuse but the boss swallowed it hook line and sinker
34. The hardline posture of the labour leader has not helped matters
35. The president gave another extemporaneous speech last Friday
In each of question 36 and 37 , choose the word that has a different stress pattern from the others
In each question 38 42, choose the option nearest in meaning to the word(s) or phrase underlined
38. Practising medicine is as lucrative as many people think
39. He is a stinger for a newspaper
40. I wish the commander were less adamant about his proposed reprisal attack on the enemy
41. Tortoise need cool climates and must have places where they can hibernate
42. The manager made disparaging remarks about the retiring officer
In each of question 43 - 44, identify the word that has the stress on the first syllable
44. Identify the word that has the stress on the first syllable
In each of question 45 - 47, Choose the option that has the same consonant sound as the one represented by the letter(s) underliMd
In each of question 48 - 50, choose the option that has a different vowel sound from the other.
Share your Results: